A more extensive way of obtaining virgin grade monomers for circular polymer production is chemical recycling through the combination Pyrolysis and Refinery.
The advantage of pyrolysis is that a wide range of rather unspecific waste mixtures can be converted. Additionally, it is the appropriate chemical recycling route for most polyolefines with uniform non-polar covalent bonds. The resulting products need to be upgraded, refined and reformed to close the cycle back to the virgin monomer.
- Carbohydrates from plastic waste
- Continuous (catalyzed) Pyrolysis within LIST KneaderReactor without using solvents and Recovery of naphtha, diesel, aromatics or other hydrocarbons from high-viscous pyrolysis pitches
- Compensation of low heat conductivity of polymers through large internal surface and intensive mixing
- Eliminating the necessity for solvents by using Kneader intrinsic robust high-viscosity design which, in contrast, additionally introduces heat through dissipation.
- Dosing and heating of the polymer and stoichiometric mixing of the catalysts
- High separation efficiency and controlled residence time due to optimal interfacial renewal and plug-flow behavior
- Fouling-free reactor design and trouble-free discharge of the residue
- Evacuation of vapor products without product entrainment
- Extensive testing facilities in our test centers in Switzerland and Korea, for targeted process development
- Industrialization experience for scales up to 10 t/h polymer
- interconnected gas headspace, large vapour cross sections
- closed, safe design
- large heated surface
- optional vacuum design
- robust all-phase design
- viscous or solid discharge